Our 2017 Summer Conference will see RAG venture to Bonn, Germany, and the head office of hosts Deutsche Telekom. The conference is scheduled for Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd June. All talks will be given in English. Attendance will be free, but you should book your place as soon as possible, because we will need to limit the number of seats per organisation in order to ensure a balanced and diverse audience.
Our event will cover fraud management, revenue assurance, other kinds of business assurance, enterprise risk management, security and credit risk. Unlike other conferences we want to avoid promising speakers until we are confident they can take part, so we share the draft of our agendas as we keep adding new speakers to it. The following schedule provides the most complete picture of the confirmed presentations and panels so far. More are added all the time, so keep coming back for updates. Continue reading below for more about the highlights of the agenda.
Conference Day One: Wednesday, June 21st
- Our host, Gjurgjica ‘Gina’ Pesheva of Deutsche Telekom Group, will open the conference with a keynote presentation.
- Rene Felber of Telia Finland will discuss developments in best practice and what he has learned from surveying revenue assurance practices globally. These are subjects that Rene knows well, and which led to him receiving an outstanding contribution award from the TM Forum.
- Inguna Ievina of Tele2’s Latvian revenue assurance shared service centre will join us for a panel discussion on the use of shared service centres for RAFM work in telecoms groups.
- Senior risk professional Lee Scargall will present the results of his survey into the risk management and corporate governance practices of telcos, then share his conclusions about how we can do better.
- Eric Priezkalns of Commsrisk will moderate, and experienced Ericsson consultant Hanno Allolio will contribute to the day’s closing panel on how the assurance thought process can be applied to other parts of the telco.
Conference Day Two: Thursday, June 22nd
- Anthony Sani, MTN Group’s RA and Fraud Executive, will give a keynote presentation on the importance of education for risk and assurance personnel and how MTN has invested in improving education within their group. The latter initiative resulted in Tony being awarded the 2016 Subex Excellence Award for Outstanding Community Contribution.
- Fraud expert Dave Morrow will speak on the subject of how to verify the identity of subscribers in order to reduce crime.
- Dave Morrow will also moderate a panel discussion on the use of new technologies to fight fraud.
- Our ‘wise heads’ panel of distinguished experts will close the event by reviewing the topics discussed over the two days, and giving their views on the state of the industry.
The biographies of all our confirmed speakers can be found here.
You can review the quality of some of our previous talks by playing clips from our video archive.
Location, Evening Entertainment and Hotels
The conference will be held at the head office of Deutsche Telekom. The address is: Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, 53113 Bonn. A map is shown below.
Information about hotels will be provided soon.
As well as providing lunch and refreshments during each day, we intend to provide food and a networking opportunity each evening. We will provide further details when they have been confirmed.
Register to Attend
Anyone may attend our events for free, so long as they have a relevant interest and are a reputable professional. We reserve the right to limit the number of participants from each organisation so we have a balanced audience including a fair cross-section of telcos, vendors and consultants.
You can use the form below to register for RAG Bonn. The process is powered by Eventbrite, so you can also register via the Eventbrite website.