RAG travels to Africa for the first time, thanks to MTN Group. They will host our September conference at their impressive facilities in Johannesburg, South Africa. The conference is scheduled for Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th September. All talks will be given in English. Attendance will be free, but you should book your place as soon as possible, because we will need to limit the number of seats per organisation in order to ensure a balanced and diverse audience.
Our event will cover fraud management, revenue assurance, other kinds of business assurance, enterprise risk management, security and credit risk. Unlike other conferences we want to avoid promising speakers until we are confident they can take part. See below for details of the speakers who have confirmed so far.
Conference Day One: Monday 4th September
- MTN will open the conference with a special session that will begin with a presentation from Anthony Sani, MTN Group’s Executive with responsibility for Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management. Tony will then join a panel discussion including other members of his team: highly-qualified risk manager Yuvi Rajha and well-travelled RAFM expert Nixon Wampamba.
- Dr. Güera Romo, Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering Management, will give a presentation that discusses the challenges involved in matching the development of human skills to the rapidly evolving requirements of high technology businesses. Güera will draw on her career background as a senior revenue assurance manager and consultant with experience of working for telcos and other big businesses in South Africa and the USA.
- Well-liked Kenyan consultant Joseph Nderitu will moderate a panel debate about managing the risks for mobile money. The panellists will include Douglas Jardine of Vodacom and Luke Taylor of Neural Technologies.
- Deutsche Telekom’s Gjurgjica ‘Gina’ Pesheva will present to the audience about her views on the strategies and policies that work best for revenue assurance.
- Bernice DeMarco, who manages the RA function at BT Group, will fly in from Britain to join a high-powered panel discussing the ways assurance functions must evolve to address the new and wider range of services being offered by modern telcos.
Conference Day Two: Tuesday 5th September
- Senior enterprise risk management consultant Lee Scargall will lead the discussion of how the implementation of risk management compares between Africa and Europe. Lee has detailed knowledge of telco operations on both continents, most recently as Director of Risk Management for Ooredoo Group.
- Tony Crilly of STS Risk Group will fly in to share his advice for how multi-national corporations should cope with today’s changing pattern of global risks.
- The conference will close with our ‘wise heads’ panel of experts, who will review the topics discussed over the two days, and give their views about the state of the industry. Eric Priezkalns of Commsrisk will moderate the debate, and the panellists will include long-serving practitioners like Ken Dickenson, formerly the Network Fraud Manager at Telkom.
Location, Evening Entertainment and Hotels
The conference will be held at MTN’s main offices in Johannesburg, South Africa. The address is: 216, 14th Avenue, Fairland, Roodepoort 2195. A map is shown below.
Nearby hotels are included in this page.
As well as providing lunch and refreshments during each day, we intend to provide food and a networking opportunity each evening. We will provide further details when they have been confirmed.
Register to Attend
Anyone may attend our events for free, so long as they have a relevant interest and are a reputable professional. We reserve the right to limit the number of participants from each organisation so we have a balanced audience including a fair cross-section of telcos, vendors and consultants. Currently we limit attendance from non-sponsoring vendors and consultancies to two seats per event.
You can use the form below to register for RAG Johannesburg. The process is powered by Eventbrite, so you can also register via the Eventbrite website.