1 May 2019 Following a record-breaking sponsorship round, the Risk & Assurance Group (RAG) has concluded annual sponsorship agreements with 13 suppliers of a wide range of products and services used by electronic communication providers to enhance their risk management and business assurance capabilities.
Each business will contribute to the running costs of RAG, making it possible to run four major international conferences in cooperation with telcos around the world, as well as supporting RAG’s other initiatives including the RAG Learning online training platform. The generosity of the sponsors means that professionals working for telcos do not need to pay to attend RAG’s conferences, and access for the courses on RAG Learning continues to be free, one year after the launch of the platform.
As leaders in their respective fields, the annual sponsors will also share their expertise at RAG conferences, beginning with RAG Bonn to be held at Deutsche Telekom’s headquarters on June 11th and 12th, and RAG Toronto, which will be hosted by TELUS on June 19th and 20th. After running conferences in Europe and North America the intention is to schedule two further conferences in Africa and Asia, ensuring RAG engages with a genuinely global audience.
Gold sponsors will give presentations at each of the RAG conferences. In alphabetical order, the seven annual Gold sponsors are:
- iconectiv – Providers of solutions that enable the interconnection of networks, devices, and applications for more than two billion people every day
- Neural Technologies – Suppliers of advanced revenue management, automation and analytics solutions since 1990
- SIGOS – Worldwide leader in automated end-to-end active testing and fraud detection, as well as being a supplier to 480 network operators worldwide
- Subex – Suppliers of analytics, security, revenue assurance, fraud management and partner settlement solutions to three-quarters of the largest 50 CSPs globally
- Symmetry Solutions – Experts in using and managing reference data, and sponsors of the next iteration of the RAG Revenue and Cost Leakage Catalogue
- TEOCO – A leading provider of analytics, assurance and optimisation solutions to over 300 CSPs and OEMs worldwide
- WeDo Technologies – The global market leader in revenue assurance and fraud management software for telcos
Silver sponsors will provide expert panellists for RAG’s famous interactive debates. The six Silver sponsors are:
- Araxxe – Providers of billing verification and interconnect fraud detection solutions to over 220 operators
- FraudBuster – Experts in detecting and blocking bypass fraud
- GBSD Technologies – Developers of exclusive SS7-based fraud management software
- LATRO Services – Locates SIM boxes and SIM servers before revenue losses can occur
- Oculeus – Makers of advanced and innovative OSS/BSS solutions
- Six Degrees – Specialists in real-time analysis and detection of fraud
Rob Chapman, Chairman of RAG, explained the importance of RAG’s sponsors:
We could not have expected such a positive response to our sponsorship round. These 13 businesses are all at the forefront of telecoms risk, fraud and assurance. With their support, RAG will be able to further extend the services we deliver free of charge to telcos.
We are immensely proud to partner with these firms, all of whom exhibit the ‘RAG spirit’ of cooperation and mutual support that we encourage across our industry.
Rob elaborated on the multiple ways that sponsors help RAG to pursue its mission.
We value the leadership of these businesses as well as their financial support. They know that if our industry works together, we can drive increased investment and deliver superior returns for telcos, whilst enhancing the job prospects of professionals working in risk and assurance.
The scale of the support from the vendor community came as a surprise, as Rob observed.
This has been the most successful sponsorship round in RAG’s history. The active contribution of these Gold and Silver annual sponsors is such that we will not be able to offer further opportunities for vendors to speak at any of the next four conferences.
You can learn more about RAG’s sponsors by reading their profile pages.
Notes to Editors
The Risk & Assurance Group (RAG) is dedicated to improving the practice of risk management, business assurance, fraud management and security within the providers of electronic communications services. RAG is a not-for-profit corporation run by experts in the field of risk and assurance within telcos. We seek to facilitate the education and networking of professionals in order to improve standards of performance, reduce waste, and better serve customers. Practitioners may attend our events and access our online services free of charge; financial support is provided by specialist vendors with an interest in highlighting the importance of the work done in this field, and in expanding its remit.
For more information, please begin by submitting your query through our contact form.