- Location, Evening Entertainment and Hotels
- Free Registration for Telcos and Regulators
- Attendance Options for Sponsors, Academics and Invited Guests
- About Our Host and Our Sponsors
2020 will see RAG hold its first conference in India, thanks to the generosity of BT Group, who will host RAG Delhi at their facilities in Gurgaon. The conference is scheduled for Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th February. All talks will be given in English. Attendance will be free for telcos and regulators, but based on the limited space we expect to fill the venue, so book your place as soon as possible.
The conference will cover revenue assurance, fraud management, cybersecurity, enterprise risk management, margin optimization, cost management and other kinds of business assurance.
Unlike other events, we do not announce speakers until we are confident they will participate, and we do not list presentation topics until we know we have speakers who are competent to talk about them. The following draft agenda is updated each time a new speaker promises to take part. Click on the speaker’s name to read his or her biography, and continue reading below for more information about the confirmed sessions.
Wednesday 5th February
- Conference chairman and former MTN executive Tony Sani will open the event with his introductory remarks.
- RAG Chief Executive Eric Priezkalns will briefly explain RAG’s formula for bringing telcos together, and why RAG has been able to deliver a rapidly expanding program of activities, services and events for telecoms risk and assurance professionals worldwide.
- Our generous host, Bernice DeMarco of BT, will give the opening keynote presentation. Bernice’s role as Director of Business Assurance at BT Group has seen her manage the transformation of a traditional revenue-focused RA function into one of the most diverse and expansive business assurance functions working in any telco today. Her staff in the UK and India are setting the pace for other telcos by developing new techniques and identifying new ways to add value.
- Bharat A. Pandit, Senior Vice President for Strategy and Business Intelligence at Tata Sky, will give a keynote presentation. Bharat has also served as Vice President of Revenue Assurance at Reliance Communications. He will draw upon his extensive experience whilst addressing the important changes currently occurring in the electronic communications and media sector.
- An all-star panel of senior managers will discuss the future of revenue assurance. The panellists will include:
- Award-winning revenue assurance practitioner Geoff Ibbett will present the results of the RAG Leakage Coverage Survey and tell the audience about the crowd-sourced RAG Leakage Catalogue which he oversees.
- Veteran RAFM manager and consultant Joseph Nderitu will bring together a group of leading technologists to discuss the ways technology is changing how we do revenue assurance and fraud management.
- Eric Priezkalns will debate whether the promise of data-driven decision-making will ever be realised in practice. He will be joined by authorities on the subject of analytics and data management, including Geoff Ibbett of Symmetry Solutions.
Thursday 6th February
- Naresh Chandra Biswas will present a case study on how he uses analytics for revenue leakage detection in Robi Axiata.
- Our cybersecurity panel will feature Arun Ganjoo, Information Security Specialist at Jio and formerly a widely-travelled consultant with Subex, EY and KPMG. The panel’s expert moderator will be Jacqueline Fick.
- Tony Sani is the leader of RAG’s global project to reduce wangiri fraud by using a blockchain to share data about numbers and routes used in wangiri attacks. He will present an update on progress with the adoption of the RAG Wangiri Blockchain.
- Jackie Fick will return to lead a panel discussion of the key trends in fraud management. The panellists will include Michaël Houis, Senior Business Development Manager at FraudBuster.
- RAG Delhi will close with the ‘Wise Heads’ discussing the state of the telecoms industry and what they felt were the key takeaways from the conference. Amongst the experienced professionals on the panel will be Joseph Nderitu and Eric Priezkalns.
Location, Evening Entertainment and Hotels
The conference will be held at BT’s offices in Gurgaon (Gurugram), India.
International travelers can fly into Delhi’s airport, Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) and then take ground transportation to Gurgaon, which is approximately 30-50 minutes from the airport by taxi, depending on traffic. Gurgaon is connected to the same mass transit system as New Delhi.
The full address of the venue is: BT Global Business Services, Building 14, Tower C & D, 8th floor, Sec-24 & 25 A, DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon, 122016, India.
Hotel recommendations will be highlighted on the map in due course. Attendees are responsible for arranging their own hotel accommodation.
As well as providing lunch and refreshments during each day, we intend to provide food and a networking opportunity each evening. Further details will be given when they have been confirmed.
We strongly recommend that attendees from other countries apply for India’s e-Business visa (sub-option: Attend Technical/Business Meetings) as this will be the quickest and easiest visa to obtain. Applications for this visa can be made through the Indian government’s online portal at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html.
To apply online you will need to have a photograph of yourself in jpeg format, and a scanned copy of your passport page showing your personal particulars. A sample e-visa application is available here. Your passport must have at least six months remaining, and the e-visa will cost approximately USD10.
It is our experience that Indian e-visas are issued rapidly, but we recommend that you apply well in advance to avoid the occasional risk of processing delays.
A printable PDF brochure will be made available here in due course. However, we always recommend that attendees check the agenda on this webpage for the most accurate and complete schedule of speakers.
Free Registration for Telcos and Regulators
Employees of telcos or telecom regulators may attend RAG Delhi for free, so long as they register using the email address associated with their place of work; click here to register.
Attendance Options for Sponsors, Academics and Invited Guests
Sponsoring businesses may send their representatives to RAG Delhi. If your business is interested in participating in RAG events then please make your initial query through our contact form.
RAG allocates a limited number of complimentary seats for freelance consultants, subject matter experts, academics engaged in relevant research, and other industry leaders. To maintain a balanced audience, these seats will only be made available to specific named individuals. Invitations will be emailed in due course. If you wish to be added to the guest list you should contact a member of the RAG Committee, or else ask the host or one of the conference sponsors to forward your request.
One of the most important aspects of our conferences is what we call the ‘RAG Spirit’. We want attendees to feel relaxed and have the freedom to talk openly about the challenges they face. To protect the RAG Spirit, we reserve the right to decide who may attend on a case-by-case basis.
About Our Host and Sponsors
RAG is a not-for-profit enterprise, and telcos and regulators may attend our events for free, as do many specially invited experts. That means we rely on the generosity of the businesses that host our meetings and pay for everything from our web server to the coffee we serve attendees. We would like to thank the following businesses for contributions that have made this conference possible.
Araxxe, FraudBuster, GBSD Technologies, LATRO Services, Oculeus, Six Degrees
If you would like to host a future RAG event or if you want to learn about sponsorship opportunities then please get in touch. We will be glad to hear from you!