Jacky works at Cell C (Pty) Ltd, the South African mobile CSP, where her role is that of Executive Head: Forensic Services (Head of Department). She has also temporarily managed the Information Security portfolio at Cell C. She has a wide range of duties at Cell C, which include:
- oversight of all pro-active and re-active investigations,
- predictive and forensic trend analysis,
- fraud risk assessments,
- law enforcement support,
- cyber forensic technology services, and
- advising and reporting to business, the board and audit and risk committee on fraud risks specific to the organisational environment and the telecommunications industry. She also regularly deals with Board members and senior officials of Cell C’s international shareholder.
She has over twenty years’ experience in the investigation and prosecution of various types of crimes, with a specific focus on the prevention and investigation of cybercrime. Jacky has also provided legal advice on a wide range of topics.
Prior to joining Cell C, Jacky was employed at the following institutions:
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) where she gained experience in internal risk management, client and engagement acceptance, strategic management and the management and investigation of complex investigations.
- National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) as a prosecutor specialising in complex commercial prosecutions and later on in the investigation and prosecution of cyber-related offences. In 2005 she was appointed as a Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions in the Directorate of Special Operations (Scorpions) where she later on served as Strategic and Legal Adviser to the Head of the Scorpions. In this position she gained experience in high level negotiations, strategic management, change management, enterprise and individual performance management, dealing with highly complex and sensitive matters, writing of legal opinions and reports to parliament.
Jacky has also delivered television interviews, articles, presentations and workshops both locally and internationally on topics such as cybercrime, the prevention and prosecution thereof, information governance, information assurance and cyber forensic readiness.
Jacky holds the following qualifications: B Iuris, LLB and MBA.
In 2014 she was appointed as Chairperson of the GSMA Africa Fraud Forum and serves on the Enterprise Risk Committee of the Board of the Department of Science and Technology. She was admitted as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa in 1997. She is also part of the Cell C Girl Child Institute of Mentorship programme and has received an award for Champion in Business for her contribution to the development of women.
Her hobbies include playing golf, photography, cooking and writing music and poetry.
Jacky will be joining us as a panellist at RAG Johannesburg, discussing which fraud and security threats currently pose greatest risk to mobile operators.