Jeremy Fenton has worked since 2010 at the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), the national regulator of comms providers in Australia. He is the Executive Manager of the ACMA’s Consumer, Consent and Numbers Branch. In this role, Jeremy is responsible for the following:
- the National Do Not Call Register;
- unsolicited communications (telemarketing and spam) compliance, enforcement and education under the Spam Act 2003, the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 and the Telecommunications Act 1997;
- telco scam disruption;
- Australia’s Numbering Plan and the Numbering System;
- the Integrated Public Number Database research access schemes;
- telco compliance and enforcement under the Telecommunications Act; and
- the National Self Exclusion Register for interactive wagering.