- Location, Evening Entertainment and Hotels
- Free Registration for Telcos and Regulators
- Attendance Options for Sponsors and Invited Guests
- About Our Host and Our Sponsors
Sprint will host RAG’s October 2018 conference at their campus in Overland Park, near Kansas City. The formal agenda will run from 9.20am to 5.30pm on Wednesday 17th and Thursday 18th October. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early in the morning for pre-agenda networking and to remain in the evenings for our free social events.
Anyone working for a telcos or a regulator is welcome to attend, free of charge. Free admission will also be granted to any academic pursuing a relevant field of study.
We regularly update this page with new information about the conference agenda and evening activities; keep coming back for the most accurate and complete picture of what will happen at RAG Kansas.
Unlike other conferences, RAG avoids promising speakers until we are sure they will take part, so we use this website to provide an agenda which is updated as each new speaker is confirmed. The following schedule shows the latest version of the draft agenda, or click this link to open it in a new window. Keep reading below for more details about the panels and presentations.
Day One: Wednesday 17th October
- The opening keynote session will be a panel discussion with three managers from Sprint’s Revenue Assurance and Billing functions, Robert Keyser, Jenny Schultz and Matt Reader. The panel will talk about Sprint’s approach to assurance and the challenges they foresee as the business and industry changes.
- A panel of experts including Taruna Ranjan, Director of RA at T-Mobile, and Mohammad Sha’ad Hossenbaccus, Global RA Manager at Millicom Group, will debate the current priorities for revenue assurance teams in North America and around the world.
- Industry veteran John Brooks of Subex will give a presentation about new technology.
- Grant Merrill, Senior Director of CFS Analytics at Level 3 Communications, will talk about how he uses advanced analytics to keep customers happy by avoiding errors and disputes.
- Charles Aldis, VP of Revenue Operations at BullsEye Telecom, will be amongst the panellists focusing on the risks that are particular to local carriers.
- TEOCO founder and CEO Atul Jain has entertained and stimulated RAG audiences in London, Sydney and Johannesburg with his talks about how to obtain breakthrough results by thinking differently. His contribution is bound to be remembered as one of the highlights of RAG Kansas.
Day Two: Thursday 18th October
- The second morning begins with a special presentation by Eric Burger, CTO of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The presentation will cover how the FCC makes its rules, its Multi-Line Telephone Systems (MLTS) work and the roadmap for dealing with the epidemic of robocalling.
- Continuing the theme of the opening presentation, a high-powered panel will discuss how to tackle robocalling and the frauds associated with it. In addition to Eric Burger the panel will include: Linda Vanderloop, Assistant VP for External Affairs at AT&T; Helen Schallenberg-Tillhof, Director of Fraud Management at Sprint; John Cunningham, Director Fraud Management Operations and Corporate Security at CenturyLink; and Alex Quilici, CEO of robocall-blocking firm YouMail. This session will be moderated by Warren Dumanski, VP for the Americas region at TEOCO.
- Adrian Harris, Director of New Products at Neural Technologies, has been working at the cutting edge of technology innovation since his time at AT&T Bell Labs in the 1980’s. He will give a presentation about practical examples of machine learning for fraud management.
- Our panel discussion on cybersecurity and fraud risks will include Dana Adams, Director of Corporate Security Services at Canadian operator TELUS.
- Steffen Öftring, Director of Revenue Assurance and Head of Consulting Services at SIGOS, will talk about active network testing to secure revenues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Paul Davies of Symbox will draw upon his experience of working for UK telcos Vodafone, Virgin Media, Cable & Wireless, and Orange to explain how automated simulation of telco processes and systems can be used to identify control weaknesses.
- The event will close with our traditional ‘wise heads’ panel, featuring veterans who will ruminate upon the key learning points from the event and the state of our industry. The panel will be moderated by Eric Priezkalns of Commsrisk and RAG.
Location, Evening Entertainment and Hotels
The conference will be held at the headquarters of Sprint in Overland Park, in the Kansas City metro area. The address is:
6050 Sprint Parkway
A map of Sprint’s campus is shown below.
RAG attendees are responsible for arranging and paying for their travel and accommodation. These are some nearby hotels.
- Hilton Doubletree Overland Park, 10100 College Boulevard, Overland Park, KS 66210-1462, +1 913 451 6100. Attendees of RAG Kansas are offered a discounted rate of USD156 for bookings made by September 22nd. The rate includes a double room, breakfast and wifi. Guests may also use the free shuttle bus to travel between the hotel and conference venue. To obtain the discounted rate quote code 6RA when booking over the phone or use this link to book online.
- Aloft Leawood-Overland Park, 11620 Ash Street, Leawood, KS 66211, +1 913 345 9430. This chic 3-star hotel is approximately 1.5 miles from the conference venue.
- Courtyard Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard, 11301 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66210, +1 913 339 9900. Situated 1 mile from Sprint’s campus, this 3-star hotel is one of the cheaper options in this area.
Complimentary lunch and refreshments are included in all RAG conferences, and we also intend to offer free food at networking events on both evenings. Further details will be given when they have been confirmed.
We know that some telco managers like to see a printed brochure before they agree to approve the travel costs to attend our free conferences. This can make life difficult for RAG because our events involve lots of speakers, and new ones keep being added! However, we will add a downloadable and printable PDF brochure to this site in due course.
RAG always adds speakers right up to the week before the conference, so be sure to keep checking the agenda on this web page for the most accurate and comprehensive rundown of speakers.
Free Registration for Telcos, Regulators and Academics
Managers and staff employed by telcos or telecom regulators can attend RAG Kansas for free by registering in advance using the official email address of their employer. Academics engaged in a relevant field of study may also register for free using the email address associated with their university or research institute. Registrations are managed via Eventbrite; click the button below to begin. Please complete all the fields to register.
Attendance Options for Sponsors and Invited Guests
Sponsoring businesses may send their representatives to RAG Kansas. RAG receives ongoing support from several market-leading suppliers, but there are also opportunities to sponsor individual conferences. If your business is interested in participating in RAG Kansas then please make your initial query through our contact form.
RAG allocates a limited number of complimentary seats for freelance consultants, subject matter experts, and other industry leaders. To maintain a balanced audience, these seats will only be made available to specific named individuals. Invitations will be emailed in due course. If you wish to be added to the guest list you should contact a member of the RAG Committee, or else ask for advice from a relevant representative of Sprint’s host team or one of the conference sponsors.
One of the most important aspects of our conferences is what we call the ‘RAG Spirit’. We want attendees to feel relaxed and have the freedom to talk openly about the challenges they face. To protect the RAG Spirit, we reserve the right to decide who may attend on a case-by-case basis.
About Our Host and Sponsors
RAG is a not-for-profit enterprise, and telcos and regulators may attend our events for free, as do many specially invited experts. That means we rely on the generosity of the businesses that host our meetings and pay for everything from our web server to the coffee we serve attendees. We would like to thank the following businesses for the contributions that have made it possible to run RAG Kansas 2018.
AdaptiveMobile, Amdocs, BluGem, GBSD Technologies, LATRO Services, Transaction Network Services
If you would like to host a future RAG event or if you want to learn about sponsorship opportunities then please get in touch. We will be glad to hear from you!