- Location and Nearby Hotels
- Evening Entertainment
- Free Registration for Telcos and Regulators
- Attendance Options for Sponsors, Academics and Invited Guests
- About Our Host and Our Sponsors
London was where the Risk & Assurance Group was formed in 2003, and BT Centre was the venue for our first major international conference, held in July 2016. Nobody predicted that conference would become the template for a string of events worldwide. Now RAG returns to BT Centre for the last time before the relocation of the head office of our generous hosts, BT.
RAG London 2020 will see RAG closing one chapter of its history but beginning several more as we launch new initiatives in cooperation with telcos globally. Come join us on Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th May 2020 to learn from the very best experts, meet the leading pioneers, and engage with our collaboration programs. As always, attendance is free for employees of telcos or regulators.
The conference will cover revenue assurance, fraud management, cybersecurity, enterprise risk management, margin optimization, cost management and other kinds of business assurance.
A draft agenda will be published on this webpage approximately three months before the conference. Unlike other events, we do not announce speakers until we are confident they will participate, and we do not list presentation topics until we know we have speakers who are competent to talk about them. Take a look at the agendas for past events to judge the quality of speakers who come to RAG. Previous London conferences have been graced by speakers from: Colt Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, EE, Energias de Portugal, Epic, John Lewis, JT Group, Lebara, Millicom Group, MTN Group, NOS, Ocado, Ooredoo Qatar, Orange Group, Sky UK, TalkTalk, Tele2 Group, Telefónica UK, Telia, Tesco Mobile, Three UK, Virgin Media, Vodafone Group and many others.
Location and Nearby Hotels
The venue for our conference will be BT Centre. The prestigious headquarters of BT are situated right in the historic heart of London. Their address is:
81 Newgate St
The conference will be held in a stunning 170-seat auditorium. There is a dedicated breakout area alongside, with convenient cloakroom and toilet facilities. Photographs of the auditorium can be found here.
BT Centre can easily be reached using the London Underground; it is a very short walk from St. Paul’s Tube Station.
The following map shows BT Centre (as marked by the BT logo) along with some nearby hotels and other places of interest. You may need to scroll around or zoom out to find some of the suggested hotels.
There is a wide range of hotels within reasonable distance of BT Centre. Here are some suggested choices for accommodation:
- London Central Bank Hotel, 19-23 St Swithin’s Lane, London EC4N 8AD, +44 871 984 6485
- Premier Inn London Blackfriars, 1-2 Dorset Rise, London EC4Y 8EN, +44 871 527 9362
- Club Quarters Hotel St. Paul’s, 24 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7DR, +44 20 7651 2200
- Club Quarters Hotel Lincoln’s Inn Fields, 61 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JW, +44 20 7404 6640
- Leonardo Royal Hotel London St Paul’s, 10 Godliman Street, London EC4V 5AJ, +44 20 7074 1000
- Travelodge London Central City Road, 1-23 City Road, London EC1Y 1AG, +44 871 984 6333
- ibis London Blackfriars Hotel, 49 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NZ, +44 20 7633 2720
- Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot, 100 Kings Cross Road, London WC1X 9DT, +44 871 984 6272
- Club Quarters Hotel Gracechurch, 7 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0DR, +44 20 7666 1620
- Holiday Inn Whitechapel, 261 – 267 Commercial Road, London E1 2BT, +44 871 942 9299
- Novotel London Tower Bridge, 10 Pepys Street, London EC3N 2NR, +44 20 7660 0675
- London Bridge Hotel, 8 – 18 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG, +44 20 7855 2200
As well as providing lunch and refreshments during each day, attendees are also welcome to continue networking whilst enjoying a free buffet on both evenings. The details of the venues for evening gatherings will be provided in due course.
A printable PDF brochure will be made available for download from here. However, we always recommend that attendees check the agenda on this webpage for the most accurate and complete schedule of speakers.
Free Registration for Telcos and Regulators
Employees of telcos or telecom regulators may attend RAG London 2020 for free, so long as they register in advance using the email address associated with their place of work; click here to register.
Attendance Options for Sponsors, Academics and Invited Guests
Sponsoring businesses may send their representatives to RAG London 2020. If your business is interested in participating in RAG events then please make your initial query through our contact form.
RAG allocates a limited number of complimentary seats for freelance consultants, subject matter experts, academics engaged in relevant research, and other industry leaders. To maintain a balanced audience, these seats will only be made available to specific named individuals. Invitations will be emailed in due course. If you wish to be added to the guest list you should contact a member of the RAG Committee, or else ask the host or one of the conference sponsors to forward your request.
One of the most important aspects of our conferences is what we call the ‘RAG Spirit’. We want attendees to feel relaxed and have the freedom to talk openly about the challenges they face. To protect the RAG Spirit, we reserve the right to decide who may attend on a case-by-case basis.
About Our Host and Sponsors
RAG is a not-for-profit enterprise, and telcos and regulators may attend our events for free, as do many specially invited experts. That means we rely on the generosity of the businesses that host our meetings and pay for everything from our web server to the coffee we serve attendees. We would like to thank the following businesses for contributions that have made this conference possible.
To be announced
If you would like to host a future RAG event or if you want to learn about sponsorship opportunities then please get in touch. We will be glad to hear from you!