RAG has been holding regular London meetings for telco risk and assurance practitioners since 2004 – compare that to rival events that have come and gone during that time! Increased interest in the ‘small’ one-day meetings we hold in London means our 7th December event will move to a larger venue, with BT kindly offering to host. Otherwise it will be business as usual, with talks from telco experts, a relaxed atmosphere for open conversation, plus lunch and networking drinks, all of which are free for telco employees who register in advance.
Running from 10.30am to 5.30pm, the meeting will enjoy a full agenda of risk management and revenue assurance topics. Speakers are currently being lined up; their details will be added below as their involvement is confirmed.
Please respect our policy on attendance. To maintain a balanced audience we must limit the number of attendees from vendors and consulting firms. When registering, please use the correct form below. Due to repeated violations, we have now introduced a ‘name and shame’ policy for any salespersons or consultants who abuse our policies by attempting to use the telco registration form to obtain a seat. See below for the list companies that broke the rules for this event, trying to pass themselves off as telcos.
- Free Registration for Telcos and Regulators
- Request Seat for Vendors and Consultants
- Live Polls and Q&A
The formal agenda will begin at 10.30am on Friday 7th December; guests are welcome to arrive from 9am for pre-meeting coffees and networking. Lunch will be provided. The formal agenda will end at 5.30pm but the conversation will continue for many more hours at a nearby bar.
The draft agenda can be seen below. As always, we update our agendas as new speakers are confirmed. Click on the name of a speaker if you would like to review his or her profile. Continue reading for some of the highlights of the agenda.
- Horia Selegean of BT will talk about how he manages data and uses artificial intelligence to obtain revenue assurance insights, and the ways this leads to a much wider responsibility for data governance that extends well beyond the traditional RA remit.
- Ray Green of Focus Data will give a presentation about the challenges that artificial intelligence and machine learning will pose to revenue assurance and fraud management.
- RAG Learning, our online education platform, has been gaining users since its launch in April, and more courses keep being made available. Now is the time for an open conversation where telcos discuss their training priorities and help us to refine the roadmap for RAG Learning.
- Alexander Eristavi of the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau and City of London Police will tell us about the changes the Police have made to the system they use for recording frauds and the implications for those telco managers who submit data.
- Robert McGregor will tell us about the priorities and the approach taken by his Fraud Operations team in Verizon.
- The RAG-Biaas Number Plan Management Service has resulted in proofs of concept with telcos around the world. The findings from those proofs of concept will be shared by Guy Howie of Biaas.
- Ben Hooper of giffgaff will join a panel discussion about the cost of doing revenue assurance.
- The enforcement of GDPR began earlier this year. Rachel Goodin of Ocado will return to tell us about how the facts on the ground have changed in the meantime.
- Bryan Rowe of Six Degrees will give a presentation about the detection of refiling and the prevention of wangiri.
- Fraud expert Dave Morrow will examine the weaknesses in controls exploited by SIM swapping fraudsters.
BT will kindly host the meeting at their head office, near St. Paul’s Cathedral in central London. The address is as follows, and a map is shown below. The nearest London Underground station is St. Paul’s on the Central Line.
81 Newgate St
Open Registration for Telcos and Regulators
Employees of telcos and regulators may register to attend for free. You must register using the email address of your employer; other email addresses (such as Gmail) will be rejected. Please click the following button to register if you work for a telco or regulator.
Request Attendance for Vendors and Consultants
Individuals who work for a vendor or as a consultant may request a seat at the meeting using the form below. If seats are available an invitation will be sent to your email address; this will give instructions on how you may register. We cannot promise you will receive an invitation; it is necessary to limit participation from some firms to ensure a balanced audience.
Live Audience Questions and Polls
Attendees can ask questions and respond to instant polls by using our live system during the meeting.
Vendors and Consultants Attempting to Register as Telcos
These businesses employ bozos who either cannot read or who show no respect for what RAG is trying to accomplish: