Utility suppliers of energy and water have long participated in RAG events, however, Thursday 22nd November will see the first one-day RAG meeting dedicated to our colleagues working in utilities, and to the challenges that they face. Running from 10.30am to 5.30pm, there will be a full agenda of risk management and revenue assurance topics for suppliers of water, electricity and gas. The meeting will be held in the top-floor conference room of Cartesian’s offices in Holborn, London.
Please respect our policy on attendance. To maintain a balanced audience we must limit the number of attendees from vendors and consulting firms. When registering, please use the correct form below. Due to repeated violations, we have now introduced a ‘name and shame’ policy for any salespersons or consultants who abuse our policies by registering as if they work for a utility or regulator.
The meeting will be strictly limited to 35 participants so those who wish to attend are recommended to book early.
- Free Registration for Utilities and Regulators
- Request Seat for Vendors and Consultants
The formal agenda will begin at 10.30am on Thursday 22nd November; guests are welcome to arrive from 9am for pre-meeting coffees and networking. Lunch will be provided. When the meeting closes at 5.30pm the conversation will continue at a nearby bar.
The draft agenda can be seen below. As always, we update our agendas as new speakers are confirmed. Click on the name of a speaker if you would like to review his or her profile. Continue reading for some of the highlights of the agenda.
- The opening session of the conference will see Dan Ret and Andrew McKinney of Sagacity Solutions explaining the benefit of increased revenue assurance work in utilities. They will draw upon their experience of working with utilities and also their knowledge of the results that have been achieved by telecommunications operators using similar techniques.
- Highly experienced utilities professional Mandy Meehan will give a presentation about market data reconciliations. Mandy currently serves in the role of Systems Integration Development Manager at Wave; her background includes working with all kinds of gas, water and electricity utilities.
- Penny Walton, Sales and Billing Manager at United Utilities, will join us to discuss some of the risks facing her business and other water providers.
- PwC Partner Stephen Tebbett will share his experience of working with utilities to improve the management of collections.
- Two experts from Equifax will tell us about the extent that poor quality data impacts credit and collections decisions. They are Adam Bibby, Head of Utilities at Equifax, and Bis Das, Strategic Consultant in their Solution Design division.
- Experienced consultant Marcus Bryant will run a workshop designed to explore the potential for utilities to adopt a common control framework modelled on the risk management frameworks that have proven useful in the telecoms sector.
- Reena Sharma of Cartesian will share her experience of revenue assurance issues that are common to several different industry verticals.
- A panel of industry experts will review the major learning points covered during the day and suggest a plan of action for the future.
Cartesian will kindly host the meeting in their conference room, located on the top floor of their Holborn offices.
Open Registration for Utilities and Regulators
Employees of utilities and regulators may register to attend for free. You must register using the email address of your employer; other email addresses (such as Gmail) will be rejected. Please click the button to register if you work for a utility or regulator.
Request Attendance for Vendors and Consultants
Individuals who work for a vendor or as a consultant may request a seat at the meeting using the form below. If seats are available an invitation will be sent to your email address; this will give instructions on how you may register. We cannot promise you will receive an invitation; it is necessary to limit participation from some firms to ensure a balanced audience.